Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rainbows and Butterflies in Heaven

When a Thirteenth Century Italian wrote a poem (as poets are sure to do), the Church came along and liked it so much that they declared that the poem was written with divine intervention. This means that God came down from heaven and interceded along enough to guide the poet's hand in writing the poem and was therefore, the actual author of the poem. With that in mind, I BELIEVE the movie script, at least in part, for "Dr. Seuss'Horton Hears A Who" was also divinely written. Specifically, the part where a cute little colorful tribble with big eyes named Katie declares: "In my world everyone is a pony and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

Whereas, the Church in the case of the 13th Century poet was ecstatic over the poem's description of HELL, I BELIEVE that Katie's world is a divine description of HEAVEN. And just like the Church, I defy anyone to prove it isn't.

There is only one problem with this belief though. I'm hoping after eating a rainbow, my first poop will be one of those really big majestic Monarch butterflies. I'm gonna be really upset if my first butterfly turns out to be one of those faggoty little pastel colored lavender butterflies.

No comments: